The PCJT Software Engineers Graduation Ceremony and the Young Entrepreneurs Software Company Award Ceremony
was held jointly at the Mount Lavinia Hotel in 2011. A total of 54 PCJT Software Engineering Graduates passed out at
this Convocation and 16 highly successful Software Organisations owned by Young Entrepreneurs were recognized
and awarded. Furthermore, 34 Professionals from Greece attached to the Young Scientist University and delegates from
the Chamber of Chartered Java Professionals of the USA participated in this event.
- Dr. Suren Batagoda – Director General – Department of National Planning General Treasury Ministry of Finance planning, Sri Lanka. Responsible for Steering the National Planning process in Sri Lanka. Also He was the Director General – Department of Public Enterprises General Treasury Ministry of Finance and Planning, Sri Lanka. Responsible for supervising 233 State Owned Enterprises including State Banks. This includes providing policy directives, improving good governance, performance monitoring, and to ensure that public enterprises are commercially viable . He is also Chief Executive Officer – Project Management Bureau General Treasury Ministry of Finance and Planning, Sri Lanka. Responsible for reviewing & monitoring the progress of 120 National Mega Projects mainly funded by foreign donors ADB, WB and JBIC and other bilateral donors in Sri Lanka. Major focus is to remove the snags and bottlenecks that hinder the project progress
- Chandima Weerakkody – Deputy Speeker of the Parleament, and He is Sate Counsellor of Departmen of Atoney general. Former Chairman State mortgage Bank and Former Chairman Southern Development Authoriry
- Mr. C.J. Gamage – Chairman & Managing Director of the Soil Tech Pvt Ltd is an entrepreneur as well as a Civil Engineer by profession. NCCSL national Business excellence award winner for consecutive 4 years 2007/08/09/10, And another 7 awards for his entrepreneurship and for quality and standards
- Mr.Shehan Senevirathne Chairman/CEO of SMS Holdings PLC, Best Entrepreneur award winner for 3 consecutive years at the National Award Ceremony organized by Ceylon Chamber of Industries.
- Mr. Prabodha Sumanasekara – He invented Sri Lankan Technology for Renewable Energy a young age as an Entrepreneur. Today he has been able to disperse that technology world wide. He is the Chairman/ Managing Director of VS Hydro, VS Information Systems, VS Turbo and VS Uganda Group of Companies.
- Mr. Prabath Samarasinghe – Managing Director of Nexus Business Solutions Pvt Ltd and started certify ISO Standards as a Young Entrepreneur he became a Lead Auditor in ISO 9001 – ISO 22000. He has certified over 300 companies for ISO Standards in Sri lanka India and Bangaladesh. He trained ove 5000 employees for ISO Standards.
- Mr. Mangala Yapa – Managala is the Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, Colombo Dockyard PLC, Sri Lanka.Chairman, Dockyard General Engineering Services (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka. Director, Sri Lanka Port Management & Consultancy Services Ltd, Sri Lanka and Director, Ceylon Shipping Agency (Pte) Ltd., Singapore. Platinum Honours Achievers Award – 2010 in recognition of professional excellence in the Field of Management, by postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Mr. Udaya De Silva – Secretary to the Federation of the Information Technology Industry and Services – Sri Lanka (FITIS)
- Dr. Ishantha Siribaddana – Chairman – Institute of Java & Technological Studies Sri Lanka. is the Visionary Educationist for Java software Technology Advancement in Sri Lanka. He is the pioneer and leader in Sri Lanka to train youth for internationally recognized professional certifications in Java Technology. Also he was the pioneer in introducing skill development training programs with the most advanced Java Technology to produce young entrepreneurs and Graduated Java Professionals to the nation. He contributed to have first Ever Software exhibition (Java Sri Lanaka 2009) and Java World Congress 2010 in Sri Lanka.